Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Passed Court, Baby Shower and Leaving in 6 days!

I am trying to become a better blogger now that we only have 6 days before we leave the US to go pick up Amani. So much has happened since the last time I posted. The most important news is that we passed court on the 20th and are officially the parents of our precious little guy!

Our embassy date did get bumped back from April 9th to the 16th. We decided that instead of changing all our travel plans we would just change our return date. So, we are flying out next Tuesday, the 31st, and stopping in Frankfurt. We will take the high-speed train to Paris where we will spend some time. We will board a plane on April 6th and fly to Ethiopia where we will meet Amani Alazar for the first time! We will be in Ethiopia with him for two weeks and fly back home on April 21st. While we are there we will be staying at The Ethiopia Guest Home in the capital city, Addis.

I am a mix of excitement and panic right now. I feel that there is so much to get done! I think of a new item to add to my "to buy" or "to do" list every hour. I am also nervous to leave my family behind. My WONDERFUL mother is going to be my travel companion - so that leaves Bret with the kids for three weeks. I have never been gone from Jordan for more than a night! I know they will be fine - but I will miss them so much. The queen of control in me has to let go, and trust that they will be well cared for and have a great time.

My wonderful friends and family through a beautiful shower/ bon voyage for me on Sunday. There was even a cake with Amani's picture on it! Everyone brought a bead and a message for the baby. It was really the perfect party.




2 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute cake! Looking forward to meeting you in Ethiopia. We are leaving on April 11th!!

Jennifer Harr said...

Hollie,
You have such a beautiful family and now a adorable little baby to join you! I so look forward to meeting you in Ethiopia~