Monday, March 30, 2009

Leaving in the morning...

I have been counting down the days since mid-January, and finally I leave TOMORROW! Here is a picture of the "pile" that has accumulated over the last few weeks. I have got to get it into the suitcases. I have been putting it off and now I must do it.

All our paperwork is notarized and packed - immunization affidavit, last years tax return, birth certificates, power of attorney from Bret, birth parent meeting agreement, passport, I-600, I-864 and I-864A, letter from Bret explaining why he isn't traveling, etc., etc.

I have donations of clothes, formula, antibiotics, anti-fungal cream, nasal spray, diaper rash cream, Tylenol, Neosporin, toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, snacks, toys etc.

Now, I need to pack it all up!

Thank you to everyone for all your love and support. We hope to keep you updated during our travels. Please give Bret and my kids hugs if you see them.

Lauren is amazing! I have included a picture of her after her senior thesis presentation last Wednesday. She has really jumped on board to help and pick up a lot of the slack when I am gone. Thank you, Lauren.

Hopefully I will post sometime tomorrow to announce we have landed in Germany. Now I am getting excited!

Love,

Hollie




2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! you have lots to pack. Wishing you safe travels and will see you in Ethiopia. We are staying at the Ethiopian Guest House and I'm pretty sure you mentioned you were staying there as well...so excited! We arrive April 12th!

Sam's mom said...

I just got the necklace in the mail today -- kismet!
Be SAFE and return with that gorgeous boy quickly!