Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Better Day

I was feeling pretty down when I wrote my last post. I was sure not prepared for the range and intensity of emotions that come along with this amazing process. I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement. A few of you really changed my perspective for the better. I was also able to drive down to the East Bat today and meet with a mom and her gorgeous baby who have been home from Ethiopia for over 6 months now. Her daughter is from the same orphanage and she was kind enough to bring me photos and stories which did make me feel more at peace with the situation.

I did want to clarify that my main concern and reason for upset was that our referral paperwork said our little guy is being fed diluted cow's milk which didn't make our pediatrician very happy. I was hoping he would quickly get to the HOH and some improved nutrition.

But it's a new day - and I have a new attitude. Thanks again for all the kind words - they are very helpful and valued!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you are feeling better...for now! i know how hard it is to be so out of control!

what do you say we just hop on the next flight to ethiopia and check on our little guys?!

Sam's mom said...

I know you want more for your guy, because your an awesome mom, but you'll more than make up for any lacks now when he comes home. It is heartbreaking that our kids cannot have the nutrition we'd wish before they come home to us. You have to trust that your little guy will be fine, and you will plump him up when you get your hands on him. We'll be praying for his health and known he'll get to HOH soon.
In the meantime, I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet another family...we have a group here in Chicago and it means the world to me to be able to hear their stories and spend time with their children.
Big hugs to you.