Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to UCSF

I realized this morning that I had updated our status on Facebook, but not here on the blog. The last thing I said was that the oncologists were giving the lump on his head a week to see what would happen. Well, what happened was that the lump got bigger and more painful. By Saturday it was so bad that we called the doctor on call and they told us to start him on a round of prednisone. At that point we were pretty sure that our Tuesday appointment was going to be an iv chemotherapy visit - and it was. On Tuesday we started all over again, for the third time. He is back to three oral medications daily and iv meds once a week in clinic at UCSF. We are very disappointed but not shocked. His molluscum is getting worse already even though its only been a few days. It was really clearing up on his face, but now he is starting to get a bunch more around his eyes. His sleep is hard right now and his appetite is diminishing - but the kiddo is happy most of the time.

The doctor says we will be at this round for 4-6 months and then we will see. I have taken him to every appointment for the last 10 months with the exception of one. I have asked Bret to take him this week. I just need a little break from the children's oncology clinic. It can be such a sad place. I am going to take Av, Olivia & Jordan rollerskating.



2 comments:

Missy said...

I'm SO sorry! I know how hard this must be for you all. Ugh. Prayers headed your way!!!

Becky said...

oh man I am so sorry for you guys. thinking of you! i can't believe it was a year ago that we were in Ethiopia!