Saturday, August 1, 2009

Brothers

I wanted to take a moment and talk about how wonderful it has been to watch the bond forming between my boys. Jordan was the little brother but never had a brother until Amani came along. It was all girls, all the time! I expected that the boys would be good playmates when Amani got a little older - but it is already starting to happen. They really love to horse around together, ride the plasma car, run, chase, etc. This was the relationship that started out a little rocky. After Amani having me to himself for two weeks, he was not at all pleased when we got home and Jordan jumped into my lap. In fact, Amani bit Jordan our first night home. Bret and I were so sad! We were devastated that Jordan would be greeted with an angry bite after he had expressed a lot of concern about my time and attention when I was in Ethiopia. There is still a little jealousy on Amani's part, but we are making it clear that there is plenty of "mommy love" for everyone.

On the health front, we are on break from iv chemo until the 17th and we are starting to decrease the amount of prednisone he takes everyday. In about two months they will do a full body scan to determine if the LCH has responded to the treatment.

I will leave you with pictures of the brothers. They are so sweet!!!!






3 comments:

Missy said...

Your boys are adorable!! Glad things are going so well!!

Becky said...

How cute! Hope you all are having a good summer.

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

He has grown so much. Glad things are going well.