Saturday, May 9, 2009

Long Overdue 3am Mini Update

Things have been SO busy since we have arrived home. We have been swamped with doctors appointments and just catching up with life and the kids. I had forgotten how consuming it is to have a little one in the house again! We are having fun and Amani is adjusting very well. All his blood and stool tests came back great - except that he is a little iron deficient - so we are working on that. Our amazing new pediatrician wants us to do one more blood test and one more stool test. We have started his immunization catch-up - poor guy starts screaming when we walk through the door of the doctor's office. We will have to go one day and not have anything hurt him. He does have a somewhat enlarged spleen and liver so we are working to get to the bottom of that. His diarrhea is finally getting a little better, but boy has that been a challenge!

I need to post about our trip to Ethiopia. I think I am still processing. It is also so hard to blog since I usually have a baby in my arms or on my back in the Ergo during most waking hours. Right now it is 3am and Amani woke up and needed to be soothed back to sleep -so I came in here to have a minute at the computer afterward!

Here are some of the photos that we used to create our announcement.





6 comments:

Sherry said...

He is SOOO beautiful and looks like he has a great personality! :) I love these pictures, they made me laugh! :) His eyes are just amazing...

Ann said...

Welcome Home, Hope you are starting to feel like yourself again, that is a hard trip (physcially)

Sam's mom said...

those eyelashes are Soooooo long! He is simply gorgeous! And so happy and full of joy. I'm thrilled for you Hollie and your family. What a perfect addition to the Martin clan!

Missy said...

He is sooo cute!! What a great toothy smile!!!

Becky said...

We were up at 3 am also! Love the pictures and updates. We have the same issue going to the doctors office - Bek screams as soon as he see's the receptionist. He doesn't even allow them to take his temperature without a major meltdownk (oh and we were also low on iron)! Keep me updated on everything.

Sandi said...

Great update! He is so beautiful! Congratulations again.