Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Last Day in Paris

This is our last day in Paris. We take the train back to Germany tomorrow and then on to Ethiopia and our little guy!
The Army Museum

My mom at the army museum...

...and Me.



A fountain in front of St. Sulpice as featured in the divinci code?

Yum!

The Eiffel Tower. My mom and I climbed the stairs to the first level and saw the whole city lit up!

Saturday. We got out by 10 today which was earlier than we had been. We went to the pastry shop across the street. Mom got a roll and I got something called a divorce. We set off on what the woman at our hotel called a lovely 25 minute walk to jardin du luxembourg. We eventually arrived at the park a few hours later! We were looking to replace my camera charger before heading to africa. It hadn't been working. If was a wild goose chase bouncing from one set of french directions to the next. all the stores were so small and specialized. We finally made it to fnac (which was very "circuit city"-like) with the invaluable help of the shopkeeper in Vu D'ici where we bought some treats for Lauren. We ate a lovely lunch and got to St. Sulpice which was amazing. We continued to Luxembourg park which was charming! A toy boat pond. Carousel, tulips, bocce ball, chess, etc. I was able to finally understand and master the metro. We made it back to our hotel in about 15 minutes which included 2 transfers. The weather has been lovely. Today was a little cool and breezy but yesterday and Thursday were very warm. Everyone wears scarves even when we are feeling toasty. I think I have only seen one person in a t shirt and shorts (even though it was warm enough) and he was from Philadelphia! we hope to climb the Eiffel tower tonight and see the city lit up. Love. H
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a gift to me able to travel with your mother!! such great memories :)