Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Waiting Game Continues






     Wow, time sure flies!  I am so good about keeping up with reading everyone else's blog entries, just not so good about keeping up with making any of my own.  This waiting period is such an odd place to be.  It has been awhile since any referrals have come in, and it is such a feeling of being in limbo.  In my head I know that our day will come, and we will have our baby - but it is off in the unknown future and part of me has a hard time wrapping my head around it.  There are a few things that I have done, like gotten my shots, and had my mom (who will be traveling with me) get hers.  I find it hard to know what else to do.  I don't know when the call will come, which gender the baby will be, how old or anything.  I really am not accomplishing much on the preparation front.  I assume I have a long wait ahead, but it feels like I should be chipping away at something!

     We are coming up on three months of waiting since our dossier has been in Ethiopia.  Now with the courts closed, I feel the wait extending out in front of me.  I am busy no doubt with my four kids and all the crazy daily activities - but I just hope I am not neglecting to do things that should be done during this time.  I think it will sneak up on my and it will be a mad dash to the finish.  Maybe that's okay?

     Come on referrals!!!!!  Yoo Hoo!

The photos are of our summer activities.  Jordan and Avonlea are shown in their dance outfits for a show they were in at the end of June.  Olivia is playing in the river at Family Camp which was a blast!  Lauren is pictured at a summer pool party.  It has been a wonderful summer that is quickly drawing to a close.  We are still looking forward to a home schooling conference in two weeks and  then our Lauren will start her senior year of highschool.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting with you...and wishing for lots of referrals!

hang in there!! every day that passes is one day closer to your baby :)
~angie