Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jordan's Nap

The kids have had some very late nights this week and they are all very tired. I usually try to have about an hour of "quiet time" for them while the baby is napping. Today Jordan was so grumpy and weepy that he lost it when I said it was time for "quiet time". I felt bad for him. He was devastated. I walked him to his room and showed him that he could play with Legos or his new magic set. I offered about ten suggestions and then started to leave. As I was closing the door I said, "You could also lay down and take a little rest." Oh, sure! But a mom has to try. I knew that was what he needed but I didn't feel inspired to force the issue. I waited an hour and just went down to let them know that they could get back to playing together, and this is what I found. He was fast asleep, snoring- burried beneath a blanket and a nerf toy that looks rather like a large, round face. My little guy!



No comments: