Friday, June 13, 2008

Man Time



I find myself relating to all the stress so many families feel as they play the waiting game.  My four kids do keep life so busy, that I don't find myself spending too much time "feeling" the wait.  That being said, I am on the computer every day (or many times a day) checking CHI updates, reading family blogs and list serve postings.  I check the ticker on our blog to see how the time is passing.  I asked my husband yesterday, how long would he guess it has been since our dossier arrived in Ethiopia?  His guess was "about 10 days?"  It has been a little over a month!  He is one of those people who really doesn't feel the wait, and will just be elated when the day finally arrives.  I have to say, I am a bit envious :)

This is a photo taken of the girls 5 years ago!  I know the wait for our little one in Ethiopia will someday feel like nothing, because looking at this photo, I don't know where those 5 years have gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know...time goes by so slow, yet so fast at the same time.

i want time to speed up so we can bring our baby home. but, i definitely don't want time to speed up with the girls.

crazy! i think i will be ready for things to slow down just as soon as we have our baby in our arms :)

~angie